Sunday 14 February 2016

Vitamin D Deficiencies and You

I know I've been gone a while, college, new relationship, new job, new everything it feels like. New year new me really hit hard this round, but in all that chaos of a new life, comes absent mindedness. I remember my muti-vit daily. I never forget it. But the Vitamin D? Oh yes that I forget.... in fact I've forgotten every day since January.

I first noticed the issues last night (Feb 13th) when I got mopey over absolutely nothing. I mean, pouting, stomping, full blown 3 year old temper tantrum. I've had a migraine for 8 days, hadn't been sleeping well, and was exhausted from the new job I had just started.... But I just couldn't figure out WHY. I hadn't eaten trigger foods, hid inside from the sunlight... So I got up, and went to grab more water (5th bottle for the day) and as I went to the door I saw the new unopened bottle of Vitamin D, with the receipt marked December 22, 2015 wrapped around it.

Oh.... THAT explains much, I thought, but I still had to look it up.

WebMD tells me that "The most common cause of this sleep problem is vitamin D deficiency."
Makes sense since I've been entirely ignoring that vitamin for months. So I unsealed that bottle, took one with a glass of milk, and slept better than I have in months. I woke up migraine free, and so far haven't had a total pouty moment (Just the regularly scheduled mood swings that accompany a woman). So the moral of the story here is....

DON'T FORGET YOUR VITAMINS! No matter how small they may seem, how trivial, or how easy to forget, the side effects can mess with you seriously.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note: I am not a qualified medical professional, I cannot tell you which vitamins you need to be taking pre or post op. Stay in contact with your medical professionals, and stay on top of your blood work.

No comments:

Post a Comment