Thursday 13 August 2015

Brusies and shrinking boobs...

Two things I've never had, small breasts and bruisable skin. I never visibly bruise. I'm one of those invisible bruisers.... You know the kind who forgets they hurt themselves until you lightly brush the area and then they whimper like school children? Yeah I'm that person, or at least I was.....

The purpose of this post? Not to whine or complain, but to stress the importance of BLOOD TESTS after surgery. Your iron levels with drop, along with everything else. With low levels of everything, comes bruises, hair loss, exhaustion, muscle loss, inability to concentrate, and much much more. Now I go for my blood tests in less than two weeks, but with all of the new issues popping up, I know what will be low. KEEP ON TOP OF YOUR BLOOD LEVELS, get checked regularly, and if in doubt, don't be afraid to ask for more tests.

Onto the boob shrinkage... TMI, yes I know, but to me this is an important topic. I love(d) my breasts. I mean really, I've had them since puberty (age 7), they've been with me everywhere. They've caused back problems, but given me pillows when sleeping upon my stomach.... They've threatened to suffocate me if I slept upon my back, and made running the most painful thing since stepping on Lego's barefoot; but truly, the shrinking is TERRIFYING. When you wake up one day and notice that all of your bras are TOO BIG..... that you could fit padding and push up stuff inside of your bra WITH your breasts is a scary experience (ok maybe it's just me).... We all have to get used to the shrinking FAST, and the way I'm dealing is giving all of my bras to my mum, who could use some pretty bras, and adopting sports bras.... (Yeah sports bras, should NOT be called that, because running is the WORST in a "sports" bra, as is jumping rope, climbing or doing anything that causes the breasts to move.....) These will stretch or shrink with my body (I'm crying here), and make it so I'm not wasting a crap ton on new bras that will only fit for about a week.

You will shrink, even if the numbers on your scale don't shift, your muscles and fat will shift and give you a new body shape... You may miss the comfort, or take joy in the changes, but whatever you do, stay on the path. You've got this!

P.S. thanks for letting me cry about mah boobs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment